The Benefits of Orthotics
posted: Dec. 18, 2020.
Having difficulty with activities like walking and running can be a thing of the past. Get fitted for custom orthotics with Dr. Angelo Pace at Advanced Pace Foot and Ankle Center in Alexandria, VA. We have a Walker Lane location and Sherwood Hall location to serve your needs.
Here are some of the benefits of orthotics for your foot or ankle:
- Orthotics encourage alignment of the muscles and bones.
- Many foot and ankle problems stem from imbalances in the muscles or bones that are improperly aligned. These discrepancies can arise from genetics, injury, or habit.
- Get more effective pain relief.
- Because of the orthotics’ alignment, your feet become more efficient in using energy, and much of the pain that you’ve been experiencing begins to recede.
- Wearing orthotics slows the progression of disorders.
Orthotics can help conditions like flat feet. Inserting insoles in your shoes is a simple way to keep your fallen arches to contributing to other concerns like hammertoes and bunions.
Take care of your back health.
Because your back relies on the mechanics of your foot, ankles, knees, and hips, wearing orthotics can also assist with any back discomfort or tightness that might occur due to overcompensation and other reactions.
Your doctor can create custom orthotics.
You can go to the drugstore and get insoles and other tools to help assist with your gait and your posture, but your doctor can look at your feet and make suggestions based on the specific size and shape of your foot. This specialization will help create anything that might be biomechanically out of alignment.
Contact Dr. Pace today for your consultation in Alexandria, VA, and get more information about orthotics. You may reach Advanced Pace Foot and Ankle Center on Walker Lane at (703) 971-7100 or at Sherwood Hall: (703) 360-9292.